LPM Virtual Services, LLC
|Posted on April 16, 2020 at 2:15 PM|
Things are forever changing and sometimes we wish not to change with them. Now we are in times that are uncharted and unknowing. Anxiety levels are sky high, tempers are as well. Division here and there and no end in sight seems apparent.
What to do?
Luckily for me there’s always been that curiosity of what’s out there in the world when it comes to finding peace. I’ve tried many techniques over the years and will continue to do so, all in the hope I can make things better for my body, mind and spirit. And it has.
I’m aware that what may work for me may not work for someone else, so the message is to keep trying until you find something that will suit your needs.
So what do I do when I’ve reached a cross-road and need some direction or could do with some healing or focus?
Below I’ve listed 5 basic points that have helped to lift my spirit and with practice will also help yours:
1. Meditation! Meditation is one of the greatest self healing tools available and costs nothing except a little of your time! There are many meditation techniques out there, find one that suits you and begin.
By putting some meditation music on and spending time in quiet contemplation it can soothe your soul and reconnect you with the highest aspect of yourself.
2. Aromatherapy and Essential Oils.
Rebalance and rejuvenate your spirit through blending a selection of essential oils together in an aromatherapy oil burner. I’ve found the following blend works extremely well when there’s a need for nurturing, support and healing:
Approximately an hour before retiring to bed place a few drops of the following in an https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Aromatherapy-Diffuser-Essential-Oil/dp/B07JD2GDKN/ref=zg_bs_16250381_9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=N1ERR4EJ1VX2XH2NGMH7" target="_blank">aromatherapy oil burner with some water (for safety’s sake, extinguish the flame before lights are turned off for the night):
4 drops Jasmine
4 drops Rose
4 drops Neroli
3 drops Lavender
3 drops Bergamot
The smell divine! I use this one every now and again and not only sleep like a baby but anxiety and stress disappears, and feels like the weight of the world has lifted from my shoulders by the following morning! (If you have a small bedroom you might like to half the amount of drops)
3. Breathe! Stand with feet a shoulder-length apart. Take 3 slow and deep breaths using the diaphragm muscles. Breathe in through the nose, and breathe out through slightly parted lips. As you do these imagine you’re inhaling your personal power, filling every cell in your body, from your diaphragm up to the top of your head.
Be your personal power and notice how much taller, straighter and stronger you become. Repeat the steps above.
4. Be in the Present Moment. Take a few deep breaths and focus totally on this moment, right now.
If you’re reading a book or magazine, or even this article, totally focus on the words and take in their meaning. There is only you and this article now in the present moment.
If you’re in the workplace, focus totally on the task at hand, and only this task, and what you must do in order to complete it. Nothing else matters except you and the task at hand.
5. Set an intention. When I’m on the lookout for something new and useful for me, I set my intention on what it is I’m after.
For example, I may want to find a book that will give me answers in regards to directing me to another healing modality or skill. I then meditate on this intention, give it a timeframe then open my heart to it. Lo and behold I will have a book in my hand in no time at all! I love the power of intention – I also use intention for getting a parking space when I go shopping!
When using the 5 points above, my spirit lifts and life once again becomes more peaceful and joyful.
What do you do to bring peace to your life these days?